Tuesday, September 9, 2014

NYFW14 Trend: Is Blush the New Black?

Someday I hope to experience first hand the excitement, fun, and electric energy of New York Fashion Week!  It's definitely one of those things on my bucket list that I hope to do in the near future!  Until then, I can read all about the runway trends, famous celebrity attendees, and up and coming fashion designers that made a big splash at this year's event in September!

There were a few popular style trends on the runway that created quite a buzz!  The two I am most excited about is 1) jumpsuits and 2) soft pastel and neutral hues used abundantly in clothing, makeup, and accessories.  I adore soft pastels and neutral colors; combined with the perfect light and flowing texture, they create a delicate, natural, sophisticated, and ethereal style.  I also love the fact that our summer rompers are getting longer and jumpsuits are making a comeback!!

I created two similar monochromatic looks using blush pink as the primary palate.  I thought it would be fun to showcase a designer styled outfit and then create a similar look for less.  Can you tell which look is the designer vs. deal without peeking below?  One outfit costs a little over $300 and the other is a little over $3,000!  

What do you think of the soft pastel and light neutral color palate trend that made a big splash at #NYFW14?  I am certainly loving this look.  Is blush the new black?  

Enjoy shopping!  

Xoxoxo,

Hayley



Blushing Pink


SHOP THE LOOK:

Deal
Total Outfit Cost: $311
Designer
Total Outfit Cost: $3,015 
 photo instagram_zpsd5bcc660.png photo twitter_zps8413a92e.png photo bloglovin_zpsae0a753c.png photo facebook_zpsc40ff66f.png photo pinterest_zps4a0df483.png

No comments :