Thursday, November 16, 2017

Timeless Coffee & Fall Floral Dress

Location: Timeless Coffee
One of my top 10 favorite coffee shops in the San Francisco Bay Area is Timeless Coffee in Piedmont.  I often work from home and it's nice to have a change in scenery some days.  I will periodically gather up my laptop, headset, and charger and head out of the house to work remotely for the day or a couple hours.

  



Details:

This beautiful fall floral mini dress by Hinge - similar here, and here
Chocolate brown riding boots (old) - similar here, here, and here
This Sole Society saddle bag
Photos by Rachel Radcliffe Photography

Timeless Coffee is a quaint and cozy cafe and bakery that serves house roasted java and is widely popular for their delicious vegan/vegetarian dishes and pastries.  They serve the best almond milk lattes which is my favorite for a cold and drizzly day.  If you are planning to spend some time there working please note they do not offer free wireless.  Therefore, if you don't have a personal hot spot and a good battery life on your laptop, you'll need to get things done offline.        



Normally, I don't dress up when I work remotely or from home.  However, on this particular day I had an appointment in the afternoon and I was excited to wear my new fall floral dress (currently on sale here)! I really wanted a dress inspired by the rich, warm, and beautiful colors of autumn.  When this one arrived in the mail, I was pleasantly surprised.  The brown, red, lavender, and tan colors are bright and vibrant and the floral palette really nailed the autumn inspiration I was looking for!

In terms of the style, I really love the pin tucked pleats and mini dress length.  The jewel neck line, button cuffs, and long sleeves are perfect for the cooler fall weather and the good news is it's  machine washable which makes it so much easier to care for!   




Question:

How do you accessorize dresses for the colder days ahead?

One of my favorite style tips is to recycle your favorite spring and summer dresses for fall and winter.  You can do this by adding layers.

1.  Working from the bottom up, start with your shoes.  Flats, heels, and sandals work great in the spring and summer but in the fall and winter months you'll need something more to keep your tootsies warm.  A cute pair of over the knee boots or booties will work really well. 


2.  You will also need some warmth for your legs.  I love to wear colored leggings or tights.  They add an extra pop of color, make a stylish and bold statement, and most importantly keep you warm and dry when it's raining or snowing outside!



3.  Add a cozy knit cardigan, denim jacket, or moto.  No matter where I go, I always make sure I have a warm layer to throw on because I hate being cold.  These stylish and cute layers would look adorable with this or any dress!



4.  Finally, accessorize with some cold weather accessories.  A solid print scarf and hat really tops off the fall/winter look and adds some cute detail!  








If you're like me and you love coffee and exploring the local favorites when you travel, I highly recommend adding Timeless Coffee to your list when you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. Some people say they have the best vegan cheesecake in all of California but you'll have to try it to see for yourself!  I personally love their chia pudding parfaits (amazing) and lattes - which can be made with non-dairy substitutions like oat, soy, or almond milk.     

Timeless Coffee is 100% vegan and dog friendly.  They offer a wide variety of food choices and delicious pastries.  The setting is warm and cozy with seating indoors and out that is perfect for a lazy morning sipping coffee.  Their coffee beans are also worth taking home if you make coffee in the morning like we do.  However, it can be hard to find parking and a seat after 9am and the breakfast/brunch weekend crowd can make it very busy! The bottom line in my opinion is it's the best coffee shop and vegan bakery in Oakland and although I'm not vegan, I really enjoy the atmosphere, service, and variety!



If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

Thanks for visiting!

xoxoxo,

Hayley









No comments :