Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fall Leaves & Handkerchief Hem Tunics

It's finally starting to feel like fall here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  Although the days have still been pretty hot, the mornings and nights are much cooler and crisp and the leaves are starting to show their bright warm colors!

I recently picked up this Karen Kane handkerchief hem tunic in my favorite plum color!  It also comes in a beautiful blue color called cloud!  Since I am rather tall, I enjoy wearing longer length tunics.  The handkerchief hem on this one comes down lower around your hips and slightly higher in the front and back to provide a nice figure flattering silhouette!    I also love the v neckline which makes it easy to accessorize with your favorite necklace.  I have been wearing this Kendra Scott Elissa necklace non-stop since I got it at the #nsale!

(Photographs: Sawdey Photography - SF Bay Area)





I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, I loved to play in the bundles of leaves my my raked into piles in our backyard!  It's just fun to act like a kid again once in a while and enjoy what nature has to offer!  Just like jumping in puddles when it rains or having a mud or pillow fight, there's something so fun and freeing about not being a responsible adult once in a while - even for a brief moment!  :)





I had leaves stuck in my hair for the rest of this shoot but it was well worth it!!  


I brought along my favorite army green utility jacket.  It was a pretty chilly morning and I knew I would need a warm and cozy layer.  I picked up this one last year but there are a dozen current options to choose from including this similar one I recently found here.  I also decided to wear my chocolate brown riding boots (similar pair found here) and these skinny denim jeans.  This is one of my favorite go to autumn looks and you can recreate it using different colors: 1) skinny jeans  2) riding boots or booties 3) tunic or sweater and 4) utility jacket, vest, or just a warm coat.  





I hope you all had a beautiful fall weekend!  Make sure to get outside and enjoy the changing autumn landscape!  Go apple picking or to your local pumpkin patch and enjoy all the fall activities that surround you! 

xoxoxoxo,
Hayley

SHOP:

No comments :