Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Our Master Bedroom Refresh Using Spring Botanicals


Our master bedroom needed a spring refresh!  I knew I wanted to incorporate artwork over my bedroom dresser and I really liked the idea of doing an art gallery collection of similar prints.  The hardest part for me was picking the theme.  There is so much to choose from in terms of style...traditional, coastal, rustic, bohemian, etc.  I ended up going with a farmhouse/country style as I'm currently drawn to the appeal of plants, birds, gardening, etc.  

I chose this 8-piece botanical collection as the frames matched nicely with the rustic wood color of my bedroom furniture and I love the muted colors of the flowers.  By the way, I was a little scared of hanging these, afraid I wouldn't get them straight and distanced evenly.  My niece told me about these picture hanging strips and they were a life saver!  I used three medium strips per picture and the pack came with a small level which made hanging and spacing the artwork a breeze without damaging my walls!

   Here are a few of the options I had in my shopping cart as well as the final gallery I chose.  As you can see, picking a favorite was really hard, but I'm very happy with the one we chose!


Once I hung the artwork, the next step involved decorating my dresser.  It's still a work in progress.  The hardest part is finding decor that compliments your style and also adds variety, texture, and function.
I wanted to add real plants but instead opted for faux greenery.  I found small green plants that come in a white vase and they were only $4.99 (here, here, and here)!  I also found a few glass vase botanicals that look great (here & here)!  I didn't use plants that were too large as I want the artwork to be the focal point.  Faux greenery and flowers are a great option that work well in any living space which gives you lots of versatility!  When I get tired of them in my bedroom, I can place them in the living room, my office, kitchen, or guest bathroom!  

  
   

When adding more decor, I knew I wanted items that created personalization, ambiance, and function.  I used some old picture frames that I already had (you can see I haven't added any photos yet)!  I am planning to print some of our favorite family photos in black and white.  I'm not sure I will continue using these frames but for now they work.  They are wood carved with a white wash and I love the rustic texture.  I used these brass easels to prop them up - they come in various sizes and metal colors if brass is not your thing!

  

The final touch included bringing in some of my favorite coffee table books and candles.  I like to use LED candles that you can put on a timer.  I purchased these vanilla scented candles in a two pack for $16.99 which operate on two AA batteries each.  The candles turn on around 7pm and stay lit until we go to bed.  They create a beautiful ambiance and also make wonderful night lights!  I put them in these white ceramic outdoor lanterns that were only $7.50 each!  The light shines through the detailed cut outs and makes a pretty design on your ceiling and walls! I also like to read before I go to bed so having a few books on rotation is essential.  I selected a few below I think will work fantastic in our spring refreshed bedroom space!




  

I'm continuing to add more decor and personality to our bedroom.  In my opinion, it's easier to tackle small spaces one wall at a time.  My next decor project is our "bed wall" which will include the bed linens, throw pillows, curtains, end tables, and bench at the end of our bed.  This will bring a soft and cozy vibe to our bedroom so I can't wait to get started!  

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and found some inspiration you can use in your own master bedroom retreat!  We are spending so much time at home lately so why not make it a beautiful sanctuary to live in!

Thanks for visiting!

Hayley