Friday, October 28, 2016

Pastorino's Pumpkin Farm

Location: Pastorino's Pumpkin Farm

We finally made it out to the pumpkin patch to pick up some pumpkins to carve with the kids this weekend!  I can't believe Halloween is just a few days away already!  We visited Pastorino's Pumpkin Farm located in Half Moon Bay, CA which is a half  hour to 45 minute drive north of San Francisco out on the coast.  For those of you who don't know, Half  Moon Bay is the pumpkin capital of the world!  It's well known for the annual Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival which draws fall revelers from around the world to celebrate all things autumn...and the largest pumpkins in the world of course! 



The pumpkin patch was full of colorful pumpkins and gourds and the kids had plenty of fun activities to do besides finding the best pumpkins.  They enjoyed going through a haunted house, riding the ponies, playing on the large blow up slide, letting off steam in the bouncy houses, and riding the hay ride train around the farm!  




It was a pretty warm and sunny day so there was no need to wear a coat.  I wore my favorite flannel button top (similar here) and I also love this color here), my comfy denim jeans, and my Hunter rain boots.  I always wear these boots when doing outdoor activities in the fall, you never know if it's going to rain and I don't mind getting these roughed up and muddy!  In fact, I have these in red and pink and I am seriously considering some new colors this fall like these here and here!     





The kids grabbed a wheel barrel and we scouted for the best pumpkins! I also picked up a few colorful gourds to decorate my dining room table in preparation for the upcoming Thanksgiving entertaining and festivities!  



After loading all of our pumpkins and gourds into the car, we decided to stop by the gift barn to shop for more festive fall decor and treats!  There was plenty of handcrafted items and personally designed goodies such as pumpkin spice candles, soaps, dried floral arrangements, and the most darling fall decor you can imagine!   




This wreath is a perfect option for the front door!  It's similar to this one I found here.


After shopping, we were starting to work up a bit of an appetite and a little bit of a sweet tooth!  We took a break and stopped by Aunt Audrey's Pie Shoppe. We picked up a few slices of their delicious and savory pumpkin pie (with a good heap of whip cream of course) and some hot apple cider! This really hit the spot! 




We had a great day at Pastorino's Pumpkin Farm and the kids really enjoyed themselves too!  I hope you all have a great weekend!  I can't wait to see all the creative pumpkin carvings and Halloween costumes this coming Monday!  I wish all of you a safe and Happy Halloween!

Fall Blessings!
Hayley

No comments :