Monday, November 5, 2018

Fall & Winter Hat Trends


I love to wear hats! This obsession started at a very young age when my mom purchased a denim newsboy hat from a secondhand store.  I began wearing this hat 24x7.  Some kids develop an attachment to teddy bears, blankets, or pacifiers.  For me, it was a hat!  It became my security blanket that I never took it off or went anywhere without.  My mom would sneak in my bedroom at night just so she could wash it once in a while!  

Shop The Look:


When I started grade school, my mom warned the teacher about my hat attachment.  It wasn't a big deal in kindergarten or first grade but once I got into second grade, the teacher forced me to take it off in class.  I kicked, screamed, and cried!  I was so upset and devastated - how dare this teacher tell me I couldn't wear my trusty hat that I adored so much!  I didn't want to go back to school the next day, but my mom made me and eventually I let go of my beloved attachment.

Today I love hats just as much as I did when I was a kid (less the obsessive attachment)!  They make a great accessory to any outfit and provide serious help when your having a bad hair day!  You've probably noticed I wear hats quite a lot: straw hats in the summer, floppy wool hats in the fall, cozy knit beanies in the winter, and baseball caps for spring training!  I have a box full of them and today's post is all about my current favorite fall/winter hat styles!  

Okay, maybe I'm still a little obsessed but I can't help it!  Which one is your favorite?

Happy Shopping!

xoxoxo,

Hayley  



No comments :