Monday, January 18, 2016

Starmont Winery

Location: Napa, CA
We recently headed out for a quick day trip to Napa to celebrate my birthday!  My husband was traveling, so I brought along the girls with my two 9 year twin boys.  (Pictured below from left to right: my niece Brianna; my sister Heather, my aunt Diana, and me).

I saw a Groupon (details to follow below) for Starmont Winery and before I purchased it, I called ahead to confirm availability.  I wanted to ensure the winery offered a family friendly environment as I was traveling with kids!  I spoke with Spencer on the phone and he assured me that kids were welcome to Starmont and even had some fun activities to keep them busy such as puzzles, games, jump rope, cards, snacks and drinks.  



Starmont recently opened their tasting room this past summer.  The scenery was breathtaking from the moment we drove in.  Starmont is located on a portion of the historic Stanly Ranch and sits between Carneros and Napa Valley, a region known for it's Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varietals.  Spencer enthusiastically greeted us when we arrived and created a most enjoyable experience for my entire family.      



Just outside the open, airy, and modern tasting room is a beautiful outdoor courtyard.  This was our favorite place to relax by the fire pit and sip wine.  There are many different wine tasting experiences to try out.  You can check out Starmont's full list here.  



We enjoyed a portion of our wine flight in the courtyard but then decided to go inside to check out the new tasting room.  The indoor space was just as beautiful as the outside.  The interiors were modern and sleek with pops of color but still maintained that rustic Napa charm.   



Spencer's detailed knowledge and expertise of each wine in our flight was very educational. 
We tasted a number of different wines in our flight including:

2013 Viognier - flirty and crisp
2012 Chardonnay Stanly Ranch Estate - a hint of tropical fruit flavor, lemon, cinnamon & orange
2013 Pinot Noir Stanly Ranch Estate - suave, smooth, and sultry
2013 Syrah Stanly Ranch Estate - my favorite!
2012 Forward Kidd Napa Valley Red Wine - red blend with hints of raspberry, plum, and blueberry 



I love the red stools!  It's a perfect pop of color against the bright white tables and chairs and rustic wood plank walls.  











We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Starmont Winery.  If you are planning a trip to Napa Valley, I would highly recommend a stop here.  The experience was the highlight of our day and we look forward to visiting again!  Of course before we left, we picked up a few bottles to take home and enjoy!  



Thanks for having us Starmont!

Happy Travels!  

Hayley

What's in Hayley's weekend Napa bag?  See see below and remember to bring layers because it gets chilly in Napa in the winter!  Oh by the way, here is the Groupon we used for our wine tasting at Starmont!  Enjoy!

OUTFIT # 1
OUTFIT #2
OUTFIT #3

No comments :