Thursday, December 7, 2017

Burgundy Floral Dress

This past week has been so busy!  As a working mom it's sometimes hard to balance kids, homework, sports activities, the holidays, Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, and the demands of work!  Lately I have been working 12 hour + days to meet deadlines and I really feel like it's starting to take a toll on me.  I need to find a balance...some time to focus on my health and working out, some time to take care of me by getting my nails done and a pedicure, finding time to finish that book I started on a plane trip home from a business trip several weeks ago, time to catch up on Instagram, time to spend on me.  Do you all have the same challenges?



Details:
ASTR the Label Wine Multi Dress - available in solid wine color and olive brown here
Burgundy Pumps (old) - other options here, here, and here
Mauve sunglasses (old) - similar here, here, and here
Whiskey brown saddle bag by Sole Society - similar here, here, and here
Photography: Rachel Radcliffe Photography



Sometimes the best thing to do is just disconnect and focus on your self.  Here are some tips I use to help me feel a little peace and solitude when my life starts to feel a little chaotic and out of control:

1. Take a relaxing bubble bath
2. Go to the spa a get a massage or facial
3.  Get a mani/pedi and say yes to the glass of champagne when they offer - why not?
4.  Grab that book you've been reading and bring it to your local coffee shop - you won't be disturbed by the distractions at home!
5. Go enjoy an ice cream cone with your favorite flavor
6.  Take a drive to the beach, mountains, go get lost somewhere - bring your camera and a picnic for one!
7.  Go have lunch or grab cocktails with your best girlfriend!
8. Sleep in!  You can stay in your jammies all day if you want!
9.  Watch a chick flick or comedy on Netflix
10.  Go to the gym and get a good work out in 





Do you feel like every once in a while you get stuck in a grind and can't seem to break the vicious cycle?  For most people, the solution is to just make a conscious effort to remember to do something special for yourself at least once a day.  These can be little things, like blocking your calendar at work to go get a pedi at lunch time or taking the dog for a walk to get in some exercise...Just like you have a work schedule or kids sports practice and game schedule...what is on your schedule this week?  Pencil yourself in on your calendar like you do for others and you will begin focusing on yourself!  At a minimum, you will feel good about yourself and taking time for you will definitely improve your energy level and mood!  


So let's talk about this dress...you know retail therapy is another great mood booster!  First of all, I love burgundy!  It'a always been a favorite color of mine to wear!  The floral pattern is so pretty but it also comes in solid colors including olive brown and wine.   It's made from an airy and flowy georgette material.  There is a back button key hole closure with a mock neckline.  The sleeves are long and with pretty button cuff details at the bottom.  I originally ordered this dress in a size medium and needed to size up to a large.  I normally wear a size 6-8 but I would highly suggest sizing up one size to ensure you have the perfect fit!  





I got these strappy burgundy heels several years ago and recently came across them when I cleaned out and purged my closet.  I brought along my go to saddle bag that literally wear every day!  I  decided to take a break from work and drove to my favorite ice cream parlor to same the holiday peppermint flavor!  Needless to say it was well worth the break and the outside landscape was a much better view than my laptop for a while!!       


If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

Happy Holidays, 

xoxoxo,

Hayley

Related Posts


Gren Butterfly Dress Timeless Coffee & Fall Floral Dress Orange Scallops, Ruffles, & a Bow Coral Sleeveless Ruffle Dress

1 comment :

luxurygirl said...

This dress is perfection! I love the floral pattern
Stylephotos