Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Summer Blues in Stripes

Location: Alameda, CA
Is your wardrobe ready for summer?  I've been doing quite a bit of shopping for my upcoming vacation and all I can say is I've got the summer blues!  I'm sure you've noticed the explosion of pale blues, summer bright whites, and classic stripes all over Pinterest, Instagram, and fashion blogs!  This is the quintessential look of summer style!

What I'm Wearing:
These blue and white striped shorts (similar here, here, and here)
This cool and crisp summer white ruffle top (similar here and here)
My favorite straw hat I will wear all summer long (similar here and here)
My classic Tory Burch gold Miller sandals (similar here and here)
   



When it comes to summer fashion, I love to wear shorts!  I've started quite a collection of solid colors and prints over the years and find that this is the first thing I grab when looking for something casual and comfy to wear on a warm spring or hot summer day!  I picked up these blue and white striped shorts this past Memorial Day weekend!  I generally prefer a 5" inch inseam with a mid rise fit because I am tall and feel a bit more comfortable wearing a slightly longer length.  However, I did roll them up slightly for this blog post and I also like that versatility.  I knew they would be perfect for summer as they are made in a cool linen blend material which is so soft and comfortable!   



I decided to wear them with this crisp white one shoulder ruffle top!  I adore the cute structured ruffle and the length is perfect to wear un-tucked over shorts, skirts, or leggings!  This will be one of my summer go to tops and I may go back and get a few other colors!  It also comes in black, royal blue, and tangerine orange!  Also, it's currently on sale for 40% off, so you may want to pick one up before they sell out quickly!




I topped off my summer blues in stripes outfit with my favorite straw hat that I usually wear all summer long and my classic gold Tory Burch Miller sandals.  I've had both of these items for a number of years and they never go out of style and always look great!  


I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day holiday weekend!  Hopefully you were able to spend some time with your loved ones creating memories and doing something fun!  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the military service men and women both past and present for their commitment and sacrifices to protect and serve our country!  Both my mom and dad served in the US Marine Corps and now lie to rest in the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery.   Therefore, this holiday holds a special place in my heart!

By the way, I started a blog newsletter recently and would love for you to subscribe!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  You can subscribe here...Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

Thanks for visiting!

xoxoxo,

Hayley

No comments :