Sunday, October 16, 2016

Reflection Lake

Location: Reflection Lake - La Honda, CA
We're having our first rain of the fall season here in the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend and it is very much welcome!  I can pretty much declare now that we are officially in sweater weather!  I've already pulled out all of my chunky, over-sized, cozy knits and I can't wait to wear them!  Today, I'm featuring this dark ivy green cowl neck sweater that you can find here!



I swooned over this sweater from the moment I spotted it.  First of all, I actually prefer a cowl vs. turtle neckline because it provides a little room and doesn't feel tight or itchy around the neck. This sweater is made of a cotton/acrylic material so it is super soft and cozy and can be machine washed!  Don't you hate when you buy a sweater and you find that it can only be dry cleaned?  That's too much unnecessary maintenance for me!  I feel that way about ironing too!  No thanks!   




I also love this sweater for the cable knit and bell sleeve detail.  Bell sleeves are very much on trend right now as well as bell bottom jeans.  I sort of love that 70's style but more importantly I like to have a few unique pieces in my wardrobe for some variety!  I also wanted to let you know that if dark ivy color is not your jam, it also comes in a variety of other fabulous colors including ivory, red, grey, and heather!  I'm sure one on those colors will tickle your fancy, right? 




Lastly, If you have followed me for a while, you know that I love a tunic length!  I'm 5'10 and wear a medium which is true to size.  The back of the sweater hits just past my back jean pockets.  I decided to wear this with my denim jeans and my favorite pair of chocolate brown riding boots (similar here).  I opted for a casual look as I knew I would be outdoors and it was raining.  However, you can also dress the look up and give it more glam by wearing it with some faux leather black leggings such as these here and high heel booties like these ones here.  The outfit possibilities are endless!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Until Next Time, 

Hayley

SHOP:

No comments :