Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Enjoy Elevation Ten Wine and Discover the Clarksburg Wine Region


Summer dinners are best spent outside enjoying wine and making homemade personal pizzas for the family!  Living in Northern California has lots of great benefits - the weather, outdoor recreation activities, easy access to the beach, desert, mountains, etc.  However, one of my personal favorite benefits is access we have to some of the best vineyards/wineries in the world!  Many of you know that I love to gather friends and family together to go wine tasting and explore many of the great wine regions we have in Northern California  (e.g. Sonoma, Napa, Carmel Valley, Paso Robles, Santa Barbara, etc.)  However, one area that's new to me that I recently discovered is Clarksburg! 
 
If you haven't explored the Clarksburg, CA wine region you should definitely put it on the list! The Clarksburg AVA is an American Viticultural Area that spans three counties in California's Sacramento Valley, located in portions of Sacramento, Solano, and Yolo Counties along the Sacramento River.  There are over 12 wineries and tasting rooms to visit, 7,000 acres of wine grapes grown in the region, and over 35 varieties to sample.  The most popular in the region being Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Merlot, Petite Sirah, and Sauvignon Blanc.


Many wineries and tasting rooms remain closed due to COVID-19 and some are just beginning to open up and welcome guests with new social distancing practices.  You'll want to check out each winery website for specific operating hours before you visit.  Check out this link for a list of the wineries and tasting rooms in the Clarksburg wine country...I'm sure you'll recognize some of these brands!    In the mean time, you can still support your favorite local wine brands by purchasing online.  



I am so excited and thrilled to team up with Elevation Ten Winery who recently sent me a few bottles of their wine to try!  They have graciously offered my readers a discount of 30% off your entire order and $10 flat rate shipping! Please use code: "elevationten2020" on their website when you checkout.  You can shop their fabulous wine selection here.  If you’re looking for recommendations, I highly suggest the 2017 Clarksburg Reserve Chardonnay and the 2016 Fairplay Malbec!   My husband and I recently uncorked these bottles to enjoy while making homemade pizzas for dinner at home!  




Have you been to the Clarksburg, CA wine region?  What is your favorite winery to visit and why?  I would love to hear from you in your comments below!  

Cheers!

Hayley

Save this post for later on Pinterest!









4 comments :

atwodrinkminimum said...

This looks like a wonderful place to visit. I'm sure you enjoyed the visit. Wine and grilled pizza al fresco is perfect for summertime

Lucy said...

Oh I’d love to visit!! We have a really good winery here, north of Montreal too. We love going there for wine tasting in the summer. But Covid this year has stopped us. Great post!!

Distinctly Southern Style said...


I would love to spend and afternoon in wine country.
Your weekend sounds delightful!

Rosemary

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I love to eat outdoors and have some wine with it! Hope to see you on my Fancy Friday link up party.