Sunday, July 10, 2016

Striped Tank Dress

Location: San Diego, CA
We recently spent a week in San Diego over the 4th of July holiday.  I knew when I packed for this trip, I would need plenty of red, white, and blue and comfortable clothes to explore around in!  Before we left for our vacation, I stopped by Old Navy to get some outfit inspiration.  I picked up this navy blue and white striped maxi tank dress!



It's been a while since I have worn a longer maxi dress and I figured it was time to mix up my wardrobe a bit and try some new things!  First of all, I love the super soft jersey knit this dress is made with.  It's like wearing soft pajamas!  I tied a small knot at the bottom of the dress for fun!  This gives it a more fitted look but it also looks beautiful and flowy draped on its own.  


I love navy blue and white stripes!  This is a quintessential nautical look, especially paired with red and gold accents (which also made it a perfect outfit for 4th of July). I brought along my favorite denim jacket for the fireworks show as it does get cooler in the evening when you're out at the coast.  



It's really easy to accessorize this dress!  I recently purchased this festive red and white striped tote which was perfect to bring as a carry on for the plane trip.  It also worked great to stow beach essentials such as sunscreen, my hat, and towels when we went out exploring!  Here are a few other cute options I found here and here.  

I recently purchased these cute white sunnies that go with almost any summer outfit.  Lately, I have been bored with my sunglasses and wanted to frame my face with some color!  I didn't want to spend too much and these were a great option!  Now, I'm on a mission to find more bold and bright colors!  I love these ones here, here, and here!  Perfect for summer, don't you think? 


I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July!  I plan to share more about the places we visited and the hotel we stayed at in San Diego later this week on the blog!  It was so nice to have a relaxing break with the family!

xoxoxo,
Hayley 

SHOP THIS LOOK HERE:

No comments :