Monday, November 27, 2017

Grease Plaid Leggings

Location: Oakland, CA,
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, friends, and/or loved ones!  We spent Thanksgiving with my brother-in-law and his family and the day after with my family and a few of our closest friends.  By this point, I'm a little tired of turkey but have to say my husband and I did a really great job of utilizing our turkey left overs for some pretty amazing recipes!  We made a turkey pot pie on Saturday night, Turkey vegetable soup on Sunday night, I sent the kids to school with a turkey salad sandwich today, and tonight...turkey tacos!  How's that for being resourceful?  I'll try to share those recipes in a future blog post!



Details:
Brown Booties by Dansko (old) - similar here, here, and here
Plaid Leggings by Sanctuary - available in different colors here, here, and here
Popcorn knit rust sweater (old) - similar here, here, and here
Brown Newsboy hat by San Diego Hat Company - similar herehere, here, and here
Brown Saddle Bag by Sole Society - similar here, here, and here
Photos by: Rachel Radcliffe Photography


Plaid is one of my favorite patterns to wear during the fall and winter months.  I have a variety of plaid blanket scarves, skirts, and button up flannel tops but surprisingly, no plaid pants!  In fact, when it comes to pants I'm usually a minimalist kind of gal wearing mostly jeans, leggings, and joggers.  I thought I would give these Sanctuary plaid leggings a try and brought them into my dressing room.    






Once I tried them on, I was immediately sold!  They are cut from a soft, curve-hugging knit with faux back pocket styling and a banded waist similar to a pair of jeggings.  They are available in a selection of plaids, camo, florals, and checks as well as versatile solid neutrals.  They are made of a stretchy knit fabric using 68% rayon, 27% nylon, and 5% spandex with an elasticized waist.   They are popularly known as the "Grease Leggings".  I assume this is because they are similar to the black skin tight pants Olivia Newton John wore at the end of the school year carnival in the movie "Grease". 

I am 5'10 and normally wear a women's size 6-8.  I ordered a medium and they fit perfectly!  These are my must-have leggings for comfy style on-the-go.




I kept this look pretty simple pairing the leggings with a popcorn knit rust sweater that I've had in my closet for several years. If you end up getting any of the patterned leggings, you'll want to wear a solid color on top.  I like to wear my leggings with complementary color tunic length knit sweaters, cardigans, and oversized dressy sweatshirts. When the weather begins to get cooler, I'll throw on my pea coat and a scarf to bundle up and keep warm!  I ended up purchasing two colors because I love them so much!




For the final accessories, I wore a mocha colored brown newsboy hat, chocolate brown suede booties, and had my favorite whiskey brown saddle bag in tow.  Hats, bags, and booties are perfect accessories to any fall inspired outfit! 



If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

Happy Holidays, 

xoxoxo,

Hayley



No comments :