Friday, May 18, 2018

Gal Meets Glam Evelyn Dress


Photography By: Lucy Marie Photography

I've always adored Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam.  I began following her blog back in 2011 when she was living in San Francisco.  I love her feminine and sophisticated style and obsession with pink, dresses, and all things girly!  I recently had the opportunity to meet up with her at the Walnut Creek, CA Nordstrom store a few days after the initial launch of Gal Meets Glam Collection.  Launching her own label was a life long dream come true for her and it's been so exciting to see all of her hard work, passion, and attention to detail come to life in her dresses.  The Gal Meets Glam Collection truly reflects Julia's personality and style...from the buttons, bows, colors, patterns, ruffles and hem lines, these dresses are beautifully and authentically Gal Meets Glam!   


Featured:  Gal Meets Glam Evelyn Dress
 (sold exclusively at Gal Meets Glam here and Nordstrom here)

Kelly & Katie Kirstie heels found here
 (I'm wearing them in "Natural Nude Leather" but they also come in a "Light Pink Faux Leather", "White Floral Print Faux Leather", and many other beautiful spring colors!)

Woven Garden Basket - found here and on sale for $9.00!
(other similar options here, here, & here)



The Evelyn dress (found here and here) was part of the Gal Meets Glam debut collection and I knew from the moment I saw it, I had to have it!  I love the fit and flare style and the halter neckline adorned with a cute bow! The beautiful textured jacquard features a floral color pallet of pale pink and ivory and the inverted pleats provide a sassy fullness to the skirt.  I'm 5'10 and wear the size 8 which runs true to size. The great news is that Julia put a lot of thought into what sizes would be available in her collection.  She wanted all women of all sizes to enjoy the beauty of her dresses!  The Evelyn dress is available from size 0-20.




The Evelyn dress can be worn for any occasion.  I recently wore it to brunch with my family on Mother's Day and received so many compliments!  It's a perfect dress for weddings, baby showers, church, graduation parties, spring/summer soirees and work attire!  I wore it to work this past week with a light pink cardigan and nude flats and was perfectly comfortable all day!  All of my co-workers asked me where I bought it! 💞

 







Spring flowers are in full bloom in the San Francisco Bay Area!  I love the smell of jasmine and roses but pink peonies have always been my favorite!  I like to put fresh flowers throughout my house and bring the outdoors in!  What are some of your favorite flowers growing in your garden?  It takes a lot of work to maintain them but I love to see pretty blooms and smell the fresh floral scent of various flowers this time of year!  It reminds me I need to get outside this weekend to plant more for summer!     




If you haven't had a chance to check out the Gal Meets Glam Collection, go grab your favorite refreshment and have a look!  The dresses are sold exclusively at Nordstom and Gal Meets Glam!  I've already bought two other dresses including:  The Ardith dress found here and here (I recommend sizing up on this one) and The Yvonne dress found here and here (comes in navy and pink)!

Have you already purchased one from the collection?  Which is your favorite?  New dresses will be launched each month and once they're sold out they're gone! I can't wait to see what the next release brings but one thing is for certain...Gal Meets Glam is my new favorite brand!





If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my San Francisco Bay Style newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

xoxoxo,
🍍🍍🍍
Hayley


Recent Posts:







No comments :