Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Black Gingham Bow Top

My love for gingham continues...in my last post here, I shared this gorgeous red gingham off the shoulder tie waist top.  Today, I'm wearing another one from the Who What Wear collection at Target, but this time in black gingham!  Seriously how cute is this top for summer?
   



There are so many things I love about this top!  First of all, the peplum style is so cute and figure flattering - cinching in around the waist and flaring out around the hips creates a nice slimming silhouette.  Also, the big bow on top of the left shoulder is the cutest detail!  The bow is adjustable so you can tie it to your desired fit.  I am 5'10 so I love it when tops have adjustable straps as I always need mine fully extended.  Lastly it's gingham, and who doesn't love gingham print for spring/summer?  By the way, it also comes in black and/or tan if you prefer a solid color that would go well with prints on the bottom!

I've rounded up a few of my favorite black gingham tops in various styles and price points below!  I'm wearing the first one one pictured below left in a size medium and it fits true to size!  Scroll through and see all the other darling styles I found!




I practically live in shorts in spring and summer and one closet staple I cannot live without is denim shorts!  I would say denim in general is a must have essential in my closet including a denim skirt, denim jacket, denim shirt dress, and a good ol pair of denim jeans!  I usually don't like to spend too much on shorts and as I get older I'm finding that I do prefer at least a 4-5 inch length.  I figure you can always roll them if you need to and they go with everything!  I've rounded up some of my favorites below.  I'm wearing these mid-rise dark wash ones in a size 8 and love them! 


I love to add a pop of color with accessories such as earrings, handbags, hats, or sunglasses.  I enjoy the color contrast and it makes the outfit a little more fun and playful.  I picked up these red sunnies last year for $16!  Again, I usually don't spend a lot on sunglasses as I have a tendency to lose them scratch them, or break them!  I've included the latest finds and favorites in the shop links below in various styles and price points!  You can't go wrong with red sunglasses!  I've already worn them in several posts including this one here, here, here, here, and here to capture a few!.    







Last but certainly not least, I love to wear comfortable open toe sandals when the weather warms up  and these woven basket weave slides literally go with everything! (I recently wore them in this post here!) I found a lot of similar styles and price points in the shopping links below.   How cute would any of these look with a flowy maxi dress and straw hat?  These ones are super cute and currently on sale for $49.99! Check out more of my picks below!


I hope you all had a beautiful weekend and Happy Memorial Day!  If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my San Francisco Bay Style newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

xoxoxo,
🌞🌞🌞
Hayley


Recent Posts:






1 comment :

Ashh said...

Gingham looks really good on you babe.