Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Green Multi Plaid Dress

Tomorrow is my kids last day of school before summer break and we couldn’t be more excited!  My twin boys are officially 6th graders!  Wow how time passes by so quickly!  It felt like yesterday when they were just beginning kindergarten!
  

Photography By: Lucy Marie Photography

Featured: 

Dress: Green Multi Plaid Dress found here
 (also comes in solid colors - yellow, light blue, and navy)

Sandals: brown leather slides found here
(similar options found here, here, and here)

Hat: Straw hat found here
I love this hat because you can easily switch out the bow with any scarf
I used this solid yellow scarf found here and cut it in half
(similar options found here, here, and here)



When it comes to my summer style I like to keep it casual and cool.  As a family, we love to spend time outside as much as possible – gardening, bike riding, barbecuing, or just relaxing on our deck with a cold beverage enjoying the sunny weather!   My summer wardrobe closet staples include shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and of course cool cotton dresses like the one I’m wearing in today’s post here.





When I first saw this dress in the store, I had one of those “awwwwww” moments…you know when you see something strikingly beautiful out of the corner of your eye, everything else becomes blurred like tunnel vision, your eyes become fixated on it, and your body is drawn towards it like a glowing light!  LOL!  That’s how I felt when I saw this dress and I knew I would be leaving with one in my bag! 




Have you heard of the 1901 label exclusively at Nordstrom?  It’s named for the year the first Nordstrom store opened.  1901 is all about classic style elements —crisp shirting, smart tailoring, stripes, etc. and bringing them up to date with fresh print mixes, vibrant colors and never-ending styling potential. A re-imagined mix of heritage pieces with American prep vibes, 1901 is timeless style with a modern twist!  This dress is from the 1901 collection was love at first sight for me.  I had never heard of 1901 and now I am hooked!




When it comes to summer dresses, I usually look for three things:  1) flattering style 2) fun summery prints and 3) cool breathable material.  This dress checks the box in all three of those categories. The side pockets are a nice detail that I’ve come to expect in dresses now!   Also, I love the sleeveless shirt dress style.  You can unbutton the pleated skirt to show a little more leg and button up the collar for a more preppy look.  Although this dress comes in three solid colors – yellow maize, navy night, and light blue, I opted for the green multi plaid which is a vibrant combination of green, hot pink, aqua, and orange – perfect for spring and summer! The material consists of 67% cotton, 30% nylon, and 3% spandex so it’s very cool, breathable, and comfortable.   




If you are unfamiliar with the 1901 collection at Nordstrom like I was, you may want to check it out!  The quality is top notch and the price points are very reasonable.  Here are a few of my favorite pieces from the 1901 collection – many of which are in my shopping cart as we speak! By the way, the dress I'm wearing just went on sale for 40% off so get yours before they sell out as they will go quickly!! 



Accessorizing this dress is pretty easy to do.  It was a hot day so I decided to keep it casual with my favorite pair of flat brown leather slides found here and this straw hat which does a great job keeping the harmful rays of the sun off my face!  As I mentioned above, I love this hat because you can easily switch out the bow with any lightweight scarf.  I used this scarf here and actually cut it in half for a little DIY hat project which turned out better than I imagined!  What do you think? 




I think this dress is going to get a lot of wear this summer!  I wore it to the office the other day and just added a hot pink button up cardigan like this one here.  You could also wear it with green, aqua, orange, yellow or white!  It's perfect to wear it as is but nice to have a cardi when summer nights get a little cooler!  Here are all of the accessories I wore in this post plus some similar options you can consider.



If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my San Francisco Bay Style newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

xoxoxo,

Hayley


Recent Posts:

























































No comments :