Thursday, February 8, 2018

Valentines Gift Guide for the Hostess

 I love to host gatherings with friends and family.  Whether it's a holiday soiree, summer barbecue, or just a casual get together, its fun to plan, shop, and decorate for the event!  My husband is the chef in our family and he usually takes care of the shopping and cooking.  I do all the planning and decorating and take care of cleaning too, so we make a pretty good team!  I like pay special attention to the details.  For example, picking up fresh cut flowers for the table or incorporating some of my favorite and treasured items like our champagne flutes from our wedding or my antique pie dishes.  I also like to bring out or shop for items that go along with the theme of the party - like canning jars for drinks at a summer barbecue or dishes/linens that reflect a spring theme for an April brunch.  

Valentines Day is just around the corner and many of you may be attending Valentines or Galentines Day parties or perhaps hosting one yourself. Williams Sonoma is currently having a sale up to 30% off on their Valentines favorites that you don't want to miss!  Make sure you pick up your favorites and if you plan on attending a V-Day soiree, get one for the hostess as well!  Shop some of my favorites below!

(Photos from Williams Sonoma)

    
How cute are these heart shaped white marble coasters, cheese board, and this cheese knives set?  I love the look of white marble and the heart shaped design adds a special romantic touch for Valentine's Day or any occasion!


I have been eyeing these dishes in the Firenze collection.  I adore the lace and loop detail which has a delicate and graceful feminine appeal.  They're also microwave, oven , and dishwasher safe which is a big plus for durability in my book!  Here are a few of of favorite pieces in the collection which really can be used any time of year!:

Cake Stand - put your favorite Valentines cupcakes on top!
Heart Carved Plate - a great plate for serving yummy appetizers!
Don't forget the dinner and appetizer plates which come in a set of four!

The red heart Valentine's Day collection is also a fun and more casual option!  You can find each piece here: plates, bowls, platter, espresso cups, and mugs


If you'e looking for some sugar to give your sweetheart or just some easy pre-made treats delivered to your doorstep before your party, you'll want to check out these cakes, candies, and chocolates!  Designed specifically for Valentines Day with no baking...no mess...and a lot of satisfied and envious guests!  Check out all of the Valentines Food favorites here! They are currently 20% off for a limited time only and you still have time to get them delivered before Valentines Day!


Last but not least, I always like to welcome my guests with beautiful seasonal wreaths on my front door and fresh flowers on my table and sprinkled throughout the house!  Here are a few of my favorites:

from left to right:
Pink Rose Heart Wreath
Bay Leaf Wreath
Coxcomb Heart Wreath
Lavender Heart Wreath
Shop more floral here!

Are you attending any Valentines or Galentines parties this weekend?  If you are, have a fun time and don't forget to pick up a hostess gift!  I never show up to a party empty handed!  Tell me all about your plans for Valentines Day and/or how you like to incorporate a little V-day love into your house.

If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my newsletter you can subscribe here!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  Don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!

With Love,
xoxoxo,
Hayley
💘💘💘💘💘











No comments :