Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pink Palm Print Maxi Dress

Location: Golden Gate Overlook - San Francisco, CA


I am so obsessed with all the beautiful pink palm print clothing and accessories that have emerged this spring!  I have always loved tropical prints as it reminds me of a summer vacation at the beach!  In fact, my bedroom is decorated with palm print artwork and bedding!  Therefore, when I saw this gorgeous pink palm print maxi dress, I knew I needed it for two reasons: 1) I adore the pink palm print which screams Palm Beach!  2) It’s a perfect maxi dress to bring on our Caribbean cruise and Florida vacation this summer!  I’m literally counting down the days until our bon voyage!



The spring weather here in the San Francisco Bay Area has just been splendid!  I’m so glad we are finally into warmer temperatures and longer days!  This past weekend, we visited the Golden Gate Overlook which is one of the many fabulous spots around the city that offers great viewpoints of the historic and majestic Golden Gate Bridge.  The Golden Gate Overlook is located above the historic batteries at the Southwest side of the Golden Gate Bridge and is a great spot for photos of the bridge, the expansive coastal bluffs, the Pacific Ocean, and native flowers on the winding footpaths below.  If you plan to visit San Francisco and would like a list of all the great viewpoints of the Golden Gate Bridge within the city, check out the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy website here!


  

As I mentioned, I fell in love with this dress the first time I saw it.  I am 5'10 and normally wear a medium or women's size 6-8 and the fit is TTS.   The dress has a small cut out in front to show a little skin, a twisted sweetheart neckline, and spaghetti straps that tie in the back for versatility and comfort.  There are two slits on either side of the dress so you can show off some legs!  I decided to keep the look very casual by wearing my favorite straw hat (similar here & here), some flip flops or sandals (similar found here and here), and  my favorite straw bag (not pictured - found here).  If you prefer a shorter mini sun dress version of this dress in the same print check out this one here.  There is also a petites version here.  

  
   

The Golden Gate Overlook is a great spot if you want to get fantastic pictures of the bridge (sunset pictures are the best just before dark so you can see the twinkling headlights of the cars passing over! It's also a great place to bike, walk, and run with many trails connecting in. If you love taking pictures of the ocean and coastal bluffs, this is a perfect spot and you may catch a glimpse of sailboats passing by or large cargo ships coming in from the Pacific Ocean.  Lastly, if you just love to meditate, be one with nature, find a bench and read, this spot offers so much peace and tranquility to do all of those things!
        


By the way, I started a blog newsletter recently and would love for you to subscribe!  It's a great way to connect with all of you about new posts, great sales you don't want to miss, Q&A on various fashion, beauty, home decor, and travel topics, and so much more!  You can subscribe here...don't worry, I won't overcrowd your inbox!  Also, don't forget you can shop all of the looks from my blog on my shop page!   

Adventure is out there!  Opt outside and enjoy it!  Thanks for visiting!

xoxoxoxo,

Hayley


 SHOP:

No comments :