Monday, January 13, 2020

Home For Valentine's Day


Valentines Day is one month away and if you like to add a little red and pink cupids, hearts, and kisses in your home, now is a great time to find some favorites and begin decorating.   I don't go overboard with Valentines Day decor.  I like to decorate small nooks and spaces where a few whimsical touches make it pretty and festive!  

The front porch is a great place to start!  If you want to keep it simple, look for a festive doormat to greet your visitors.  I just picked up this one which is a little understated yet still celebrates love!  These ones are also really colorful and cute here, here, and here.   I also love to hang beautiful wreaths on my double front doors.  I found some really cute Valentines inspired ones on Etsy you can check out here, here, and here!  

The kitchen and dining room are other spaces that lend well to decorating for the holidays.  I like to use cute tea towels to hang in my kitchen, festive coffee/tea cups to display at my coffee bar and beautiful place mats, tableware, and a heart shaped topiary centerpiece to decorate our dining table.  See some of my favorites in the shopping links below!

If you want to add pops of color and texture to your larger living spaces (for example: family/living room, master bedroom, or your teenage daughter's room), try throw pillows and blankets in shades of red, pink, or white.  You can also update the look of smaller nooks and spaces like bookcases and floating shelves by adding a scented candle, some inexpensive artwork and/or whimsical gnomes that reflects the love and kindness theme.  Sometimes a simple change of colors around your house will bring you so much joy and make it feel like spring is just right around the corner!

I put together some of my favorite Valentines Day home decor in the shopping images below!  I would love to see pictures of your Valentines Day nooks and spaces when you get them done!

With Love,

Hayley

SHOP:



2 comments :

Luxurygirl said...

Thanks for interesting post.

Originalluxury

Colette Rennier said...

Thanks for featuring our berry heart wreath!
- Colette Rennier
Ever Blooming Originals