Monday, October 17, 2016

Corduroy Skirt and Cozy Knit Sweater

Pumpkin spice lattes, cozy knits, and corduroy are some of my favorite items for fall!  So naturally when I saw this caramel colored button up corduroy skirt, I knew I needed it right away!  I actually picked it up towards the end of summer at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale.  I also have the same skirt in denim here and I love it!




Corduroy has always been a staple fabric for fall wardrobes as far back as I can remember.  My mom used to sew a lot of my clothes growing up.  I distinctly remember these elastic waist corduroy bell bottoms my mom sewed in almost every color of autumn you can imagine!  Fast forward to 2016 and the styles aren't much different.  I love this two button corduroy blazer which would look great with a pair of distressed jeans and rain boots.  I also love this brick red corduroy skirt, these boot cut cords, and this burgundy velvet corduroy pinafore dress!




I'm really enjoying all of the beautiful fall foliage and pumpkin patch pictures coloring my feed on Instagram and Pinterest lately! I've always wanted to take a trip northeast to experience the fall foliage first hand!  I showed my husband a few of these pictures with hopes of inspiring him to plan a trip!  We are definitely making it a reality for next year so please let me know if you have suggestions on where to go and places to stay that are family friendly!    




No matter where you live, there are typically a lot of fun fall activities you can do!  Take your kids to the local pumpkin patch, find a local orchard where you can pick apples or pears, or just stay home a bake cookies and enjoy hot cocoa by the fire!  Fall really is the best time of the year and a great excuse to get outside and enjoy the changing colorful landscape!  

xoxoxoxo,

Hayley 

SHOP: 

No comments :