Thursday, January 14, 2016

Target Beauty Concierge: Lip Colors

Have you guys ever tried the Target Beauty Concierge service?  I honestly had no idea this fantastic service was even available at my local Target store.  However, this past weekend I decided to stop by and browse the make-up department in search of some new lipstick colors.  I was getting tired of the same old two lip colors I have been wearing since summertime.  My goal was to update and refresh  my lip color pallet for winter and spring and try something different and new.       



After browsing and searching through aisles of different brands and hundreds of colors, I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with so much to choose from.  That's when I met Sarah and she asked if I needed some help! At this point, I was thrilled to seek some advice and consultation!   I sat down and we discussed my beauty needs.  She asked me a number of questions to help narrow down her recommendations.    






We finally landed on the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Collection Exclusive.  Each lipstick in this carefully curated collection is custom made for every skin tone. My skin is fairly light to medium depending on the season, so Sarah suggested two colors from the Nude pallet and one color from the Red pallet.  I was a little hesitant when she suggested nude lip color.  I haven't had much luck in the past with wearing nude lipsticks.  However, she assured me there are many colors in this spectrum and all you need to do is select the correct hue to complement your skin tone. She recommended Doutzen's Nude 600 which is a light pink shade intended for fair to light skin tones, J Lo's nude 370 which is a bit more of a mauve color intended for medium skin tones, and Julianne's red 401 which is a bold and iconic red lip color. 

I was so thankful for Sarah's help and expert advice.  She was extremely personable, helpful, and knowledgeable about all of Target's beauty products!  We even chatted about the hottest trends in nail colors for spring and I "may" have picked up a few of her product suggestions there as well that I will share in a future post!

I headed home excited to try my new lip colors!  Here's a few pictures of the colors Sarah picked out!  Let me know which one is your favorite!    


Getting ready to try the first lip color: J Lo's Nude 370



I think this one was my favorite of all three!  Surprise!  As I mentioned, I never have luck with selecting a perfect nude color but this one is exceptional!  It looks completely natural without making me look washed out (which generally has been my problem with selecting a nude lip color in the past).  





I have to admit, I really wanted to try some new colors that take me out of my comfort zone...colors that I never wear but always want to try.  I have seen pictures of women who wear a light pink matte lipstick with a smoky eye and I have always wanted to achieve this look!  I really think Sarah nailed it when she recommended Doutzen's nude (shown in the pictures above).  What do you think of this color?


The last color to try on is Julianne's red 401.  Every woman needs a bold and bright red lip color in her beauty bag!  Red is a classic, timeless, and iconic color that will always be in style!  I really love this shade of red.  It matches my skin tone perfectly as Sarah said it would and I love the pure matte color and velvet finish!   




So which color is your favorite?  Have you tried the L'Oreal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive lip colors?  If you are unsure about which colors to choose, I would highly recommend the Target Beauty concierge service.  You can find them at your local Target store, or if  you're like me (wandering aimlessly around the beauty aisle confused and overwhelmed) they may come find you and offer some much needed help and expert advice!  

Thanks so much Sarah!  I'm looking forward to trying your suggested spring nail colors and manicure tips and will see you soon! 
#targetstyle  

xoxoxo,

Hayley

SHOP:

1 comment :

Alia parker said...

Want to be cool and more stylish? Then hire a shopping companion. So that you can take help from them. Konsort is promoting qualified shopping companion so that you could hire them. Visit their website and hire guides from them.