Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Red Floral Dress

Location: Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University

We had some glimpses of warm spring weather over the last week here in the San Francisco Bay Area and I love any opportunity I can get to throw on a dress and go bare legs!  This red floral fit and flare dress by Calvin Klein fit the bill perfectly for our day out visiting the Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University.  


Museum History:
The Cantor Arts Center's diverse collections span continents, cultures, and 5,000 years of art history and include one of the largest presentations of Rodin bronzes outside Paris.  It first opened its doors to the public in 1894 and was known as the "Leland Stanford Junior Museum".  Privately founded by the Stanford family, the museum exhibited a general collection of art from around the globe.  By the turn of the century, it was the largest privately-owned museum in the world.  The building itself is an architectural tour de force with a rich history of growth, success, and devastating setbacks caused by the catastrophic San Francisco earthquakes of 1906 and 1989.  The earthquakes caused irreparable damage to many of the art collections and the museum was badly damaged in both events causing it to periodically close down to the public.




Today, the museum is thriving, reconstructed, and revitalized thanks to art enthusiasts in the surrounding community, volunteers, and the dedication of Stanford University faculty and staff.  In 1999, it reopened as the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts.  If you’re planning a visit to the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoy visual art, I would highly suggest adding this to your list of things to do.  The admission is free and the art collections are magnificent.







As you may know, I am a big fan of Calvin Klein dresses.  I recently wore a few other CK dresses in these posts herehere, and here.   I picked out this dress back in November and thought it would be perfect for the holidays.  I love the fit and flare sleeveless style which is extremely versatile for all seasons.  The trick is to add layers in the winter, such as tights and a trench coat.  In the warmer months of spring you can wear it alone with a cute pair of sandals or heels like I did for this particular warm day.  I kept my accessories to a minimum bringing along my black leather Kate Spade handbag  found here and wearing my favorite black bow heels. I have my eyes on a few other Calvin Klein dresses for spring.  I currently have these ones in my shopping cart here, here, and here.



I hope you all enjoyed the President’s Day holiday and were able to get out and do something interesting or fun!  There are so many places to visit in our local area so I am trying to make it a point to get out with the family and explore as much as possible!

Xoxoxo,

Hayley    


SHOP:

No comments :