Monday, May 11, 2015

Golden Home Accents


Today on San Francisco Bay Style I am adding more of my favorite golden home accents to my PB Teen gold polka dot guest bedroom!  If you missed my original post, check it out here.  As I mentioned before, I encourage you to start small, take time, and continue to build on your design project adding accessories and artwork over time.  Your wallet will thank you for it!  Once you have the bare bone basics covered, e.g. furniture, paint, flooring, and overall lighting, you can begin adding decorative accessories and textures.

I fell in love with the Emily + Meritt Gold Metallic Dottie bedding collection from PB Teen featured on my recent post here!  Who doesn’t love metallic gold polka dots and stripes? In addition to the bedding, I started with a few golden design elements such as this gold sequins bow pillow, this scallop statement pinboard, and this darling unicorn wall mount!

 Now it’s time to add more accessories and artwork and introduce a new color into my gold and white design.  I couldn't help but fall in love with this Oliver Gal “Glam Flamingo Canvas Print”.  Flamingos are so fun, whimsical, and very popular in fashion right now!  I love that the pop of vibrant pink color it adds to the overall gold and white design!  In addition, I purchased this darling gold Birdof Paradise Ring Holder.  I have a growing collection of jewelry and this is a great way to make an artistic statement using your own rings as a design focal point.  Lastly, I really needed a mirror to fill up some empty wall space.  This Sunburst Wall Mirror is finished in brushed gold and adds shine and radiance to the overall look in the bedroom! 

Remember, the biggest impact you can make in any design project which is relatively quick to do and inexpensive is dressing the walls with paint or wallpaper.  When selecting decorative touches, make sure you pick things that serve a purpose, function, or have personal meaning to you!

Do you have a bedroom project that you are proud of?  I would love to see it!  Send me pics or tag me on Instagram!  I am always looking for inspiration for my next room!  I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day and weekend! 

Have fun creating!

xoxoxo,
Hayley



Shop all room elements and similar styles below


SHOP DESIGN ELEMENTS:

No comments :