Friday, August 10, 2018

Chasing Rainbows


No matter what you believe about rainbows, they are truly magical.  As a young girl, I remember chasing rainbows after the rain looking for that pot of gold at the end.  I never believed in leprechauns, they were too scary!  I always thought there was a sparkly unicorn at the end who would grant me three wishes! 

As an adult, rainbows took on a different meaning.  Several years ago, I was on the way to my mother's funeral.  It was a gorgeous sunny day out and my children were in the back of the car. It was a quiet and somber drive...not much conversation was happening.  All of a sudden the muted silence was broken and my son Jack excitedly said,

 "Look mama, a rainbow!  Do you think Nanny painted that in the sky?" 

We all looked up into the sky and there it was...a beautiful, colorful, serene rainbow shining brightly on a clear, hot sunny day.  I couldn't take my eyes off it.  I was in disbelief.  How could there be a rainbow in the sky today?  There was no rain, no moisture...it made no logical sense.  I was overcome with emotion and tears and within that moment I found clarity.  It didn't take me long to realize the only reasonable explanation was... 

what my son believed...  
🌈
A RAINBOW is a promise

of sunshine after rain
of calm after storms
of joy after sadness
of peace after pain
of love after loss

As you can imagine, I hold a special place in my heart for rainbows.  In addition to having an emotional connection with them, I love the bold and bright colors which make a statement about me!  So today, I've rounded up some of my favorite rainbow inspo because lets face it...wearing rainbows will make you feel like a unicorn giving big rainbow hugs,,,and who doesn't need that once in a while?  

xoxox

Hayley