Monday, February 1, 2016

Hollywood Movie Glam Home Decor

My taste in home décor has definitely evolved over the years and now I find myself leaning towards more modern and minimalist style.  Mid-century modern style has always been a favorite look of mine.  It’s my dream to someday purchase a 1950’s fixer upper and restore it to its original beauty and glory, adding bright pops of color in every room!  It’s a cheerful and playful style but very much sophisticated.

I found these vintage cotton candy pink mid-century modern club chairs and just fell in love.  I always wanted a pink sofa but getting these accent chairs may be a great compromise.  Here are a few other pink beauties you may love just as much here and here.  I went with a Hollywood movie glam theme in my design below.  Cinematography is actually a personal interest of mine and I majored in film and television production in college.  I always try to add home décor that reflects my personality and/or interests – then you have a story to tell about it!  here are some of my favorite cinema inspired accents that would be perfect for a home theater or any movie designed room here, here, and here!

Mid-century modern is always bright and colorful with the use of paint, wallpaper, accents, and art.  Here are a few of my favorite wall art pieces that would go perfectly in any retro styled room here, here, and here.

Happy Decorating,

Hayley



No comments :